anyway who wants to hear the Cool Jewish Hermione theories i came up with when i was nine
- mr and mrs granger began to suspect something was…strange about their beloved toddler when her play-doh creations started moving of their own accord
- at age five, hermione was playing with the hanukkah candles before they were lit. they stayed alight for eight days. and the rest of december. mr granger eventually had to flush them down the toilet because they wouldn’t go out.
- she had her bat mitzvah the summer between 2nd and 3rd year. her temple friends were very amused at the way her red-haired boarding school friend kept poking at his borrowed yarmulke and wondering aloud where the teeth were. HERMIONE DIDN’T STRAIGHTEN HER HAIR FOR THE PARTY ~*~
- she got homesick really bad in her 1st year, the house elves heard and started sending up a basket of challah every shabbat and made some WICKED french toast with the leftovers. don’t even get me STARTED on how good they are with kosher foods.
- hermione prefers lighting candles with matches instead of her wand, but whenever she’s home for shabbat, her mom INSISTS that she shows the neighbors the “nice magic trick she learned at boarding school” and she’s like “mother PLEASE there are LAWS” but little rachel ackerman who lives next door, her play-doh golems look a little familiar to hermione so she agrees, but just this ONCE MOTHER
NO BUT I NEED THIS.